Friday 19 July 2019

The busiest period of doctorate(?)

Hello everyone,
As you can see, I didn't update this blog for some time... due to lack of time.

I am currently in mid-way of my PhD, 2.5 years past and 1.5 years left (among which 6 months will be still within the INFRASTAR project). This means that a) my experimental campaign is running at full speed, and b) I am starting to have first valuable results from both laboratory tests of R-UHPFRC and field monitoring of bridges.

Thus, I should be in multiple places at the time... To show you briefly how it looks like in practice, here is a brief overview of my agenda:

-6 weeks ago today, I have been in USA, where I was presenting first results of my experimental campaign on the conference UHPC 2019
-5 weeks ago, I have been working on the preparation of the journal paper about monitoring of Chillon viaduct
-4 weeks ago, I've been in the lab, preparing the static test of one of my beams (with use of fibre optics and DIC)
-3 weeks ago the INFRASTAR implementation day took place, thus I was visiting Copenhagen
-2 weeks ago, I've been preparing another static test in the lab
-a week ago, I've been working in the lab on the fatigue test
-and right now, I am on the train from Paris (where I have just started my secondment at EIFFAGE, more news soon) to Lausanne, to take care of my fatigue test and some personal stuff...

And, this shall continue more-less until the end of this year.

The good thing is that everything is rolling, so next year I hope to be more free in terms of affairs and able to work exclusively on the results of the fatigue tests.

That's it for now, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the year, end of the PhD

 Hello everyone, I didn't write for quite some time - and it has been a busy time. Since my last post, I have managed to:  submit the do...