Friday 26 July 2019

My secondment at EIFFAGE


Hello everyone,

As I have mentioned in my last post, currently I am living in Paris!

I have moved here for three months to join EIFFAGE for my secondment within INFRASTAR project.

In here, I am working on new high speed railway connection in England - HS2.
My task is to optimize structures originally designed with concrete and steel by use of UHPFRC. In this way, we can save money, time, raw materials... and build the railway line from 21st century.

This is a great opportunity to see how the UHPFRC market looks like in reality and face problems that might be encountered while applying this novel material.

And, of course, to spend some time around the beautiful Eiffel tower ;)

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

End of the year, end of the PhD

 Hello everyone, I didn't write for quite some time - and it has been a busy time. Since my last post, I have managed to:  submit the do...