Sunday 2 December 2018

Fatigue does exist!

Hello everyone,
today just a short post as lately I am very busy in the lab.

The first proper fatigue test is running. I am still amazed with the capabilities of our machines - in the current test I load and unload my beam 5 times per second with equivalent of 16 tonnes! Still, almost 3 weeks is needed to get 10 millions of cycles. You can see the beam during the test below.



In the meantime I have proven that the fatigue does exist (do you remember this?). Here is one of the bolts from my testing rig.



After strengthening of the connection the test continued.

That's it for now, I will keep you up to date!



No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the year, end of the PhD

 Hello everyone, I didn't write for quite some time - and it has been a busy time. Since my last post, I have managed to:  submit the do...